It’s time for another free pattern! Bring your felt and scissors to make this cute felt ball / sphere. This is a basic shape but it’s really useful when you are making felt toys. There is many projects you can make using this shape. I am planning to teach you later how to make sphere toys so it’s very useful you learn how to make the basic sphere.
How to Make a Felt Ball
The estimated time to complete this project is 30 minutes depending on your sewing skills .This Felt ball is 3.5 inches.
To make this ball you will need:
- Six pieces of felt in assorted colors
- Sewing thread and sewing needle
- Stuffing material
- Pins and scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing needle
1. Cut the pattern in 6 different colors.
2. Start stitching them side by side, always aligning them at the top and
bottom, until you stitch the six pieces together, leaving a space for filing.
3. Fill the ball until you get a round shape.
4. Close the gap.
5. Hot glue a 0.5 inch circle on top and other at the bottom of the ball to
cover where all the pieces converge
My toy sewing patterns are designed to be sewn by hand, however you can also use the sewing machine for some sections of the toy if you want. For best results follow the step by step process. The pattern pieces came in real size so you don’t have to mess scaling the pattern. Use cardstock to print the pieces to make easy to transfer the shapes into the felt. You can glue small pieces before you stitch them to keep them in place. Good luck sewing your own toys at home from my patterns and contact me if you need any help or clarification.
How to download?
- Add the item to your shopping cart
- Visit your shopping cart http://thepatternhub.com/cart/
- Fill the checkout form
- Proceed to Checkout, since it is a freebie you won’t be asked to add any payment information.
- Place order
- Check your email
I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment.